Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Seasons

Personnel actions are among the most difficult areas for me. In the past when I have laid a staff person off, it is after much soul searching and once on direct orders from God.

Yesterday I released a staff person that I really like and who is a good man in many, many ways. Yet, as we discussed what had occurred, it seemed as if there was a fork in the road that God had laid out. The decision was mine to take and the employee was gracious, self-contained and seemingly easy with the change that just tossed his life into the unknown. He will likely leave Kampala today or tomorrow with his family and return to the village for a time.

I have to trust God that this was/is the right decision. But it is hard. Prayers and tears don't change it. But God can bring something much better out of this. The jobs I have for guards are boring, not challenging, lots of down time and little to keep the person growing either in faith or skills. If anything, it is so easy as to perhaps lead to loss of skills and maybe even attitude.

Now, there are only 3 employees here and hopefully no changes in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment