Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Books

Have been reading a lot thsse past few weeks.
Oliver Twist
Jane Eyre
The Swan Thieves
The Brethren

All interesting books. The first two classics I had never read and thoroughly enjoyed.
The Swan Thieves published 3 years back in England is an eye opener for art lovers and those of us who know nothing about art at all. Makes me want to learn more. The Brethren is first of a trilogy on the the Crusades from the 1600's and is presented from both sides of the conflict. Takes me right up against some of my misconceptions and biases. Very interesting.

Hope you have good books in your life too.

1 comment:

  1. Chad just finished and I just started the Count of Monte Cristo. It's a 1462 book. And, no, that's not the year of the setting, that's the page count. Also, recently finished and Chad has started, What He Must Be...if he wants to marry my daughter. Very good about what to look for and have your girls look for in a husband and what your boys should endeavor to become should they want to marry.

    ReplyDelete