Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Scare

This morning when I got up at 6:30 it looked at first as if Florence had already left for her school. Then I realized the lights were not on in the living room and I hadn't heard her shower this am, part of her usual routine.

I called her, no answer. Went and stood outside her bedroom door and called again, no answer. I opened the door, confirmed she was in bed, called again, no answer. My heart began to beat a little faster, so I called more loudly.... Florence!! Thank God she rolled over and asked what?! I told her that it was going on towards 7. Boy did she move fast to get showered, dressed, coiffed, packed and out the door, just before 6:55.

If we hadn't been talking so much about funerals I don't think I would have been quite so nervous.

1 comment:

  1. Gave me quite a scare too! I was only reading it, not living it!

    ReplyDelete