Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Blessings

What do you count among your blessings today?
Health?
Friends?
Family?
Job or service?

How about simple things like shelter, blankets, food?

This past week, for fun, I mended a sheet for one of my guards. It was torn so badly that I used another torn sheet to strengthen it and cover the rips that both had. The repair job wasn't great, but functional.

He was so amazed and thankful when it was returned to him. He said that it would be better than new for it would be warmer now. He doesn't have any blanket, and often puts on a second shirt at night and doubles the sheet, just to stay warm.

we are now in our rainy season, projected to last through December. Which means things will be damp and cold.

Anyone wanting to paypal money for blankets for my staff may send $10 to maggie.mcneill@gmail.com. Just earmark it for blankets and I will pass your blessings along.

1 comment: