Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

What I've learned

12 days of caring for thrown away puppies collected from a drainage ditch near my home. Feeding and sugar water given every few hours, poop and pee clean up frequently. 2 vet visits......and all 7 died. I was so angry with the man who tossed them out until....

I learned this low paid guard for a neighboring compound loved the mama dog so much, he couldn't bear to see her sucked to death. So each litter he kept only the strongest pup and tossed the rest. You see, he has no money to spay her, is not allowed to keep her in the compound (and prevent her being bred) and doesn't even cook there for himself, so can't cook for her.

He has accepted my offer to have his dog spayed once the saved out pup is weaned, about 2 weeks from now. He knew who I was as he saw that I had rescued Siraf, a saved out pup from a litter last year.

God told me to do what I could do, and He would do the rest. Well, He has. He taught me about Healers, those gifted with knowing when to feed or give water, to wake and force feeding or allow to sleep, to have eyes to see small changes and move to bring life. I am not a Healer, but I do what I can...I continue to learn, seek understanding and forgiveness and use His resources to bring healing and comfort where possible. It is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment